Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just planing

I am still working on the project, but I've become pretty busy with other things too. The main thing I've been doing is planing the back boards on the guitar. It's pretty boring stuff, but I have two hand planes that are doing a pretty good job of removing material.

I also was able to install the work-board into the side of my workbench. I purchased a quick clamping sawhorse thing a ma jig – to support the other side. Works great.

I have also come to realize that I may need more wood for the sides, and unfortunately that means expensive wood and more re-sawing... Uhhggg. The board I have is 7.75". Half of the (2 boards) is 3.625 – The plans call for 4" side boards. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to build a slightly shallow guitar, or bite the bullet and get more wood. Discouraging to say the least. I'll have a more positive post by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment